Saturday, May 06, 2006

Age is just a number

So... another birthday’s been and gone. I looked in the mirror just now, and I don’t seem to appear any older. I don’t feel older, either... just a little world-weary, but to coin a phrase... “If you’d only seen what I’ve seen...” Don’t worry, though, I’ve come out the other end and I’m still smiling. Well, grinning, slightly inanely.

Anyway, Zooz came round on the evening before my birthday, as I mentioned she was going to in an earlier post (she say’s hi, incidentally). My sister was going to come too, but she phoned me in the afternoon and said that collagen, botox and a smear test had simply been too much in one day, and she was going to bed. And no, I kid you not... anyway, Zooz came as planned, armed with presents. Not one, not two, not even three... but four CD’s which are going to make my forthcoming Musical Mondays something of a treat for a few weeks. We had some dinner, got stoned, listened to music, and talked – all in all, a very nice pre-birthday indeed. And, I should add, I got one or two lovely surprises from rather special blog-friends. You know who you are, and thank you.

And then, of course, there was The Date. Now, I’m sure you want detail, but I don’t know that I’m going to give you too much. You know what my present was, of course, although I got a bottle of champagne and some hand-made truffles too. And I think it’s fair to say that I rose to the occasion... a number of times, in fact, but then I do function rather well in that department, fortunately. And now, it’s the weekend, which is going to be a quiet one as The Ex is in New York which means that I have the kids until Tuesday. We’re out for dinner tonight with some friends, and it’s the friends who were somewhat involved when I spent the evening putting fake tattoos on the bottom of a VERY famous pop stars mother using a wet tea towel. I think that’s a story for another time, though.

Thank you for the lovely comments on my Birthday HNT, and have a great weekend. I’ll be stopping by over the course of the day to see if you’ve been behaving yourselves.

No comments: