Monday, March 12, 2007

Musical Monday

I must admit, I had an interesting night on Saturday, and it almost took me back to the madness of my pre-Bea life momentarily - almost, but not quite. Some time ago I posted about the mad girl from the park bench and this weekend - following a very strange set of circumstances - I ended up meeting her again for dinner (and that was meeting...). Bearing in mind that she was a bit of a nutter, this was potentially a dangerous course of action, I know. But it was really just a way of catching up and in (in any event) it was completely platonic. Well, it was completely platonic - no, really - from my point of view, even if she took a little convincing that I really meant it.

Now, some of you may recall that I’ve had something of a habit of meeting strange (and in some cases, more than a little deranged) women over the last couple of years. There was this loony, GG, CFG... it’s enough to put a sane man off women for life. But Saturday night was fun, and I’m glad that I decided to let curiosity get the better of the sense of foreboding I was feeling as I was getting showered. Anyway, to cut a long story short we talked, we ate, we drank, we talked some more, we drank some more, and I got to bed at 4am on Sunday morning. If I'm completely honest, I did spend much of the evening with a hard-on, but then it's what you do with it that counts, isn't it? As opposed to what you don't do with it...

Four hours later I was up and getting ready to watch a truly great FA Cup tie in which Tottenham were desperately unlucky not to go through to the semi-final. In a week’s time Chelsea have to come back to The Lane, though, where they’ll be very lucky indeed to escape a good hiding. Perhaps.

Well, I wasn’t sure what to play for Musical Monday this week, but it just so happens that I was surfing the net to read about the latest album from Air. And then I remembered that I really enjoyed the soundtrack from The Virgin Suicides (a great movie) and decided to play one of their tracks from that today. In fact, the title track. So pour a coffee, put your feet up, and close your eyes for a minute. Yes, yes, yes - I know it’s Monday. But let them wait!


Want to play? Just stick this in your sidebar or on your post, but change ALL the brackets to the pointy ones first:

(a href="http://wdkylondon.blogspot.com/2006/03/musical-monday.html" target="_blank")(img src="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/LightestTouch/musicalmonday.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket" border="0" /)(/a)

No comments: