Monday, August 28, 2006

Musical Monday

So... not only does Blogger beta have all sorts of problems like the ones I referred to in my last post, but now I find that it won't even accept audio uploads from Hipcast/Audioblog. Hipcast sends them and confirms that they've been "published" but they don't appear on the blog! How annoying is that??? (Update: For anyone suffering similarly, I reported this and some other bugs to blogger, and it seems that Hipcast have to make some changes at their end in order to integrate with Blogger beta. I've written to Hipcast asking them when they'll be doing so.)

Anyway, I got down and dirty in the bedroom yesterday (The Bedroom Project has been started at last) ... it's the preparation that's always the killer, isn't it? But it'll be well on the way by this evening, and should be finished by Wednesday, all being well. And that just leaves the new flooring and the house will be finished. It's weird actually, because I did the entire house - with the exception of my bedroom - within three months of moving in, and then... well, stopped. And we'll have been here for three years in December!

Other than that it was a relatively quiet weekend, spoilt only by two things, both football-related; an inept display by my boys on Saturday afternoon that I'd rather forget, and the shattering realisation that I'll be in Spain for our first home European match for more years than I can bring myself to acknowledge. What an absolute fucker that is!

Which just leaves Musical Monday, which this week is nice and mellow and slightly different (although any perceived Cuban influences are entirely coincidental). I quote...
As the daughter of João Gilberto, the creator of bossa nova - and a man known in Brazil as, simply, The Legend - Bebel was always going to have to work hard at forging a solo career. Her mother, Miúcha, is a well known singer. Her uncle Chico Buarque is one of Brazil's first pop stars. Brazilians expected great things of Bebel, who made her recording debut at the age of seven on one of her mother's records, and appeared live at New York's Carnegie Hall (alongside Miúcha and jazz legend Stan Getz) at the age of nine.

"I want to show the world that Brazilian music isn't just 'The Girl From Ipanema'," she once declared. Her 2000 debut album Tanto Tempo was nothing short of a phenomenon, a critically acclaimed exercise in subtle sophistication that remains one of the most globally successful albums of Brazilian music ever.

Want to play? Just stick this in your sidebar or on your post, but change ALL the brackets to the pointy ones first:

(a href="http://wdkylondon.blogspot.com/2006/03/musical-monday.html" target="_blank")(img src="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/LightestTouch/musicalmonday.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket" border="0" /)(/a)

No comments: