Monday, September 11, 2006

Musical Monday

Before I start...

I remember very clearly where I was, and what I was doing, when the disaster that we we now call "9/11" took place. And although I'm a long way away, the connections I have with, and in, NYC meant that I felt it in a more direct sense than I might otherwise have done. If that's possible, because I've never seen anything like it in my life, and hope to God I don't again. (And believe me when I say that we understand the meaning of terrorism on this small island.)

Be that as it may, all I want to say on the subject is that my heart goes out to everybody directly affected by the loss of life that day, and also to those who weren't impacted by personal tragedy but who were still affected by the trauma that was the inevitable consequence.

I was going to carry on waffling about the day to day crap that I normally post about, but actually I won't - other than to say I didn't get that job I went for... they said that they "feel it's the wrong thing for my business". Nice of them to determine my strategy for me, don't you think? Anyway, thank god there's always music... and today I'm giving you Damien Rice, and "The Blower's Daughter". A very, very beautiful song, and something slightly more... human to think about, considering what day it is. Enjoy.



Want to play? Just stick this in your sidebar or on your post, but change ALL the brackets to the pointy ones first:


(a href="http://wdkylondon.blogspot.com/2006/03/musical-monday.html" target="_blank")(img src="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/LightestTouch/musicalmonday.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket" border="0" /)(/a)

No comments: