Monday, August 27, 2007

Musical Sunday Monday

Well, first of all I should say thank you for all the kind comments regarding Mum’s operation. She’s absolutely fine, and looking & sounding better than she has for months – already. Hopefully, all will go according to plan so far as her recovery from the surgery is concerned.

I’m posting for Musical Monday a little early this week, as it’s actually Sunday night as I’m writing this post. Bea was working until about 8.30 this evening, but texted me to say that she was going to go for a drink with one of the girls from work. That's fine, of course, but it got me thinking about trust for some reason. Because without trust a relationship is doomed, and that trust was so abused during the course of my marriage that I wonder sometimes why it isn’t still an issue. Not just with Bea, but in a general sense.

I guess the answer is that you’ve got to just leave the past in the past. Other than with regard to music, because this week I’m still stuck in a time warp. I was determined to post some Supertramp this week, but Hipcast wasn’t playing ball. In the end, I had to resort to some video clips but at least it’s a chance to remind everyone of a certain age what we must have looked like back then. Terrifying, isn’t it?

Anyway, I've always been something of a... well, a Dreamer, actually (in fact, I wanted to play Crime of The Century, but I didn't like the live version I found on YouTube and didn't have the time to keep looking). In any event, when was the last time you saw someone playing the wine glasses?



Okay, I've relented... because i just love this track! Crime of The Century... and I want that to be ME with my beautiful red and gold sax! At least i'd be a bit more flexible!



If you want join in with Musical Monday, just stick this in your sidebar or on your post, but change ALL the brackets to the pointy ones first:

(a href="http://wdkylondon.blogspot.com/2006/03/musical-monday.html" target="_blank")(img src="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/LightestTouch/musicalmonday.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket" border="0" /)(/a)

No comments: