Monday, August 21, 2006

Musical Monday

Sometimes, despite that fact that I’ve been writing and reading in this environment for quite a while now, I’m still amazed at the way that we connect with each other, how we care about what’s going on in each other’s lives. I think this is my way of saying thank you, anyway, because a lot of the comments that have been left of late have meant something to me. And a lot of the emails I’ve received have told me that I’m right in refusing to become cynical.

For some reason, I seem to be going through a period of introspection, and re-evaluation. This is nothing new, actually, but the last few days have been kind of painful as I force myself to accept some of the things that I prefer to push to one side. Things about to my marriage, and the reality of what our relationship really was. Maybe the truth about what I had thought back then was love... and then again, maybe what was back in the past was just that - in the past, and it doesn't matter any more.

I suppose I’m being fairly hard on myself, and it hurts - but I also happen to believe that in some way it’s necessary. Surprisingly, a friend of mine said to me yesterday that she could see that I was "moving on", and I looked at her in a kind of shocked disbelief. I really thought I had done that already. Maybe I haven’t quite as much as I like to kid myself.

Anyway, I'm just going through a strange phase at the moment... no need to worry - normal service will be resumed as soon as possible. In the meantime, it doesn't change the fact that today is...


Musical Monday

I thought I’d stay – indirectly at least – with the theme of the frailty of love, because if anyone sings about it, Nick Cave does. I’ve been lucky enough to see him twice, once at Hammersmith Odeon and once at Brixton Academy. Brixton is definitely my favourite venue of all... small, so you can get right up to the stage, and the kind of floor that your feet stick to. And Nick Cave is an awesome performer. This track is taken from The Boatman’s Call, my favourite album of his. Oh yes - it's called “(Are You) The One That I’ve Been Waiting For?”



Or I guess you could try this..



Want to play? Just stick this in your sidebar or on your post, but change ALL the brackets to the pointy ones first:

(a href="http://wdkylondon.blogspot.com/2006/03/musical-monday.html" target="_blank")(img src="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/LightestTouch/musicalmonday.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket" border="0" /)(/a)

(By the way, I'm still having problems accessing the published post once Audioblog has done it's business, but I discovered today that the problem doesn't lie with Blogger, or with Audioblog... in fact, it's something to do with Firefox. I can actually go into the post, see the text and the HTML source for the player, and edit both from within IE... how weird is that? And I have to say that IE 7 is pretty cool too!)

No comments: