Monday, August 06, 2007

Musical Monday

It’s occurred to me that I might have been a little negligent in failing to mention that we were going off on holiday a couple of weeks ago. Well, we were, we did and we’re back and I have to tell you that I’m a rather lovely shade of brown. So lovely, in fact, that I’m thinking seriously about a return to the ranks of HNT this week if only to prove that not a single pair of Speedos made it to my suitcase. I have the tan lines to prove it.

That can wait, but today I want to talk and think music. I mentioned previously that the Floyd always took me back to my late teens/early twenties, and I kind of like being transported back in time like that. Tonight, though, while we were making dinner, I was playing – at a VERY high volume – another album from a band that epitomised the same period of my life. We would go to house parties most weeks, and having drunk some Southern Comfort and smoked one or two joints, we’d wait for this band to make it to the stereo. Then we’d ask the girl we wanted to dance, and we’d hope to end the night fucking in glorious youthful abandon. God, I loved those days.

So, today’s Musical Monday is from Lynyrd Skynyrd, and the album “Pronounced Leh-nerd Ski-nerd”. I resisted the temptation to choose Freebird even though it’s their signature track and opted for two others instead. Simple Man (because a simple man is what I am) and Tuesday’s Gone… I really love them both, and as always I would ask you to play them loud and right to the end. And think of me at those parties…




If you want join in with Musical Monday, just stick this in your sidebar or on your post, but change ALL the brackets to the pointy ones first:

(a href="http://wdkylondon.blogspot.com/2006/03/musical-monday.html" target="_blank")(img src="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/LightestTouch/musicalmonday.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket" border="0" /)(/a)

No comments: