Monday, May 08, 2006

Musical Monday

When Zooz came round for our pre-Birthday dinner, the last thing that I expected was that I would discover some new music that would take my breath away. But discover it I did, and today's Musical Monday is therefore in honour of Zooz and her very fine birthday presents. And I suspect that this won't be the last time a track from one of the CD's she bought me features here, but this one is particuarly lovely.

Okay...I don't know if you've heard of J. Swinscoe's Cinematic Orchestra, because I certainly hadn't, but they were formed in 1999 and are rather excellent proponents of the fusion between jazz and dance that's so popular at the moment. TCO are, it seems, old hands at this game, and my choice for this week is from their second album, Every Day.

The album kicks off with the single "All that you Give", which features a deeply soulful vocal from Fontella Bass (of "Rescue Me" and Art Ensemble of Chicago fame). I think it's rather beautiful, and a little haunting, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I am.



Want to play? Just stick this in your sidebar, but change ALL the brackets to the pointy ones first:
(a href="http://wdkylondon.blogspot.com/2006/03/musical-monday.html" target="_blank")(img src="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/LightestTouch/musicalmonday.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket" border="0" /)(/a)

No comments: