Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Musical Monday Tuesday

Well, you may have noticed that I’ve been AWOL for a few days (then again, you may not have noticed). Actually, I’ve been continuing my whistle-stop tour of Europe, seeing but not seeing some of its finest cities. This time it was Brussels... up at 4am, home again for early evening... although I must admit that I was so knackered that I just fell asleep in front of the TV after dinner. C’est la vie, as they say (in, errrmm, France).

All this loitering at airports is beginning to get on my nerves, but it’s paying the bills. And I need all the cash I can get because if all goes according to plan I’ll have a little surprise waiting for Bea when she gets here (shhhh... don’t say anything but I’m hoping its going to have four wheels and an Alfa Romeo badge. I said SHHHHHH!)

I had a Spanish lesson this morning, and because I’m tired and have loads of things on my mind, I was complete crap. Cristina didn’t seem to mind, because she spent the lesson laughing so much that she wasn’t listening anyway. I’m not sure what set her off – it might have been when I kept saying (in Spanish) that Bea’s hair is blonde (she kept telling me I’d got it wrong) or when she asked again how old she is. All I had to say was “veintenueve” and she was almost on the floor again. I think I’m going to ask for a rebate :-)

Anyway, it was Musical Monday until not that long ago, and as its my game I’m going to cheat and post a Musical Tuesday this week. I was wondering what to offer you all, but then had a bit of an epiphany as I drove past a local underground station. So today it’s Faithless, and “Flowerstand Man”. (They're a bit like whelk stalls, but you can still see one or two if you look hard enough.) Oh, and that was a good call, J... Dido's brother Rollo is indeed one of the band, and that was her singing. She was a guest vocalist on Reverence, which was Faithless' debut album.



If you want join in with Musical Monday, just stick this in your sidebar or on your post, but change ALL the brackets to the pointy ones first:

(a href="http://wdkylondon.blogspot.com/2006/03/musical-monday.html" target="_blank")(img src="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/LightestTouch/musicalmonday.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket" border="0" /)(/a)

No comments: