Monday, August 14, 2006

Musical Monday

Well, that was a good weekend. Quiet and reflective, for once, and a decision made about the house... I'm having new wooden floors in the lounge, the hall, and the office. Actually, I can't wait, and I'm hopefully going to order everything on Tuesday. All I need to do now is tell the bank manager (ROFL)...

I've been doing a lot of catching up on my blogroll too, and I have to say that I'm really impressed with some of the photography out there. Cat, Susan, Ceeci and Em are all doing fantastic things on their blogs, and I did say to Em that I'd post a couple of photos from a recent trip to Lisbon in case she ever gets back to Portugal... here they are, anyway. It's a city I'd live in at the drop of a hat, actually.



Musical Monday

Well, I'm amazed yet again that so many people are playing, and it was really lovely to see all the posts from the period I was on holiday... thanks to all of you for giving me a nice warm glow. This week, I'm going for a fantastic track from a band that no-one else ever seems to say much about - Hawkwind. Astounding Sounds, Amazing Music was released in 1976 and although it was never considered on of their best I've always loved it... maybe because it reminds me of a certain period in my life that I'll never see again. Anyway, this track is called Chronoglide Skyway. It's best listened too just slightly stoned, incidentally!



Want to play? Just stick this in your sidebar, but change ALL the brackets to the pointy ones first:
(a href="http://wdkylondon.blogspot.com/2006/03/musical-monday.html" target="_blank")(img src="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/LightestTouch/musicalmonday.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket" border="0" /)(/a)

No comments: