Monday, August 07, 2006

Hola, my blogglies

Bloody hell, that was the quickest two weeks I can remember for a long time. But I'm back in one piece, rather tanned and (if I may say so) sexy, having managed to get down to the gym pretty much every morning to counter the effects of too much food and alcohol. And, of course, I've missed you!

First of all, then, thanks for all the comments, which were lovely. I didn’t even get close to posting while I was away, but I wasn’t out of touch completely thanks to the wonder of email. And I was (relatively) well-behaved, even when the Scottish Sisters arrived after a few days and the serious partying began... before that I was entertained by some other friends of theirs who were there when we arrived, so I really didn’t spend any time on my own at all.

And I was quite good in a relative sense, barely getting up to any mischief whatsoever. I did get a little bit tempted by one of the girls that worked in the bars at the hotel, mind you; her name is Beatriz, she’d been there last year (when we’d got on really well) and it was great to see her again. This time, she was even more tactile than I remembered, touching my hands, my arms, and my chest as we were talking (no lower, unfortunately). Then, one evening, she said something to me and stroked my face, and that point my resolve broke completely and I must admit I asked her out for dinner. Much to everyone’s surprise (including my own) she said yes, and we ended up having a fantastic meal in a seafood restaurant tucked away in a little fishing village overlooking the sea. Afterwards, she took me to a salsa bar to meet her sister, and then we drank, clubbed and chatted until about four in the morning. She's beautiful, intelligent, and funny, and has decided that she wants to pop over to London for a visit.

Oh, and she's 28. And Cuban. And the most fucking amazing dancer I’ve ever seen.

So, that’s about it, I guess. I still have my hair (on my head, I mean), my pubes have grown a little, and my Speedo tan-line has been softened by two weeks of wearing (slightly more normal) shorts around the pool. And, to be honest, I’m glad to be back. I’ll leave you with some photos, and I’ll be catching up with you all over the next day or so.

Some posing...





Some swimming...





Some sailing...





Some Kids Club prize winning...





And even some performing in The Lion King...



Well, that’s it then... a bit of planning, a lot of money, and another one for the album. And if I hadn’t just booked up for a long weekend in Venice, and if I didn’t have something very special planned for a little later in the year, I might be seriously depressed. As it is, though... I’m not depressed at all! Oh, and Musical Monday well recommence next week - I'm too shagged to think of anything today. Sorry.

No comments: