Saturday, July 22, 2006

Hasta la vista, baby...

Amazing, isn’t it, how weeks can just flash by without you even realising? And now – having had some invaluable and very enthusiastic assistance from O, whilst S was concentrating like a boy possessed on his Playstation – we’re just about packed. Some last minute washing, a trip to the local sports store for a bikini (no, not for me) and we’ll be done!

This is the first time I’ll have gone away properly since I started this blog, and it feels kind of weird. I will have to be online occasionally from the hotel to check emails, and I may well just pop in to read and reply to any comments that have been left. But I won’t be touring my blogroll and so won’t be able to see what you’re up to until I get back. I can honestly say, though, that I’ll miss you. Without me even realising, “this” has become a part of my life, a part that I like very much. And even though there aren’t that many bloggers within touching distance (although I’ve met a couple and have some plans to meet others, all being well) I do feel that I have friends here. So thank you.

I spoke to the Scottish sisters yesterday, and unfortunately they won’t be joining us until Friday next week. So I have a few days of normality ahead, and a few mornings devoid of hangover... I suspect I should be grateful for small mercies. And all that’s left for me to say is au revoir, take care of yourselves, and feel free to drop me the odd email if you want to... it’ll be nice to know I haven’t been completely forgotten! So... hope you like this glimpse of our hotel and I guess I'll see you in two weeks. And yes – I shall be in a position to catagorically prove that, contrary to what one or two people might think, I never, ever wear Speedos outside of my garden. ROFL...

No comments: