Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Guess what I'm doing tonight

Well, you can’t, obviously, but I’ll tell you anyway. I’m meeting PTFE for a drink. In fact, I’m meeting her to give her that make-up bag back, and to just talk through whatever she wants to talk through. But there’ll be no going back... I’m a stubborn SOB and I change my mind about as often as England win a penalty shoot-out. The funny thing is, we’ve kept in touch, and it’s always nice to speak to her. She’s one of life’s good people, and I have absolute respect for her... in fact, I really hope we stay friends. We’ll see, but I'm going to do my best... and strangely I ususally manage to stay good friends with the women I've seen in the biblical sense. I don't know why that should be, but I'd like to think that it's not just some desire to get back between the sheets, but more because we made some kind of "real" connection while we were together. That would be so much better, wouldn't it?

Thanks for all the comments on my Musical Monday post, by the way. I had SUCH problems with Blogger, though – is it just me? Am I being punished in some way? Well, I have the next four tracks nicely lined up, and I’d also like to thank Booster MPS for his heads up, and for providing me with some downloadable tracks whilst I was waiting for my box to arrive from CD-Wow.

So... next stop, HNT. I may have to retire from it soon, as it’s not easy to come up with new ideas when you have to take the photos yourself and there are never enough hours in the day. Still, see you on Thursday, bright and early... and there will have gone yet another week. Life can pass you by if you’re not careful, so don’t say you haven’t been warned.

Oh, and notwithstanding the above, why not amuse yourself with this? At least it makes a change from football! Grrrr!

No comments: