Monday, July 17, 2006

Musical Monday

Well, that was a party! Lots of food, lots of wine (and vodka, fortunately), lots of grass, and Red. And a completely mad Irish girl called Janet, who also happened to be incredibly beautiful and who asked Red if she could stay over and fuck us both. She caught me on my own a few minutes later, and tried to convince me that it would be worth our while if I could use my influence, as if I needed any convincing... and later I caught her and Red kissing in the hall. Naturally I'm too much of a gentleman to tell you what transpired, but suffice it to say that it beat staying in on a Saturday night.

I'm away on business for a couple of days, staying in a rather nice hotel near Southampton on the south coast. I'll have my laptop with me anyway and they apparently have free wireless broadband in the bar and lounge, so I may have a look in later. Otherwise, it'll be Tuesday night before I get a proper chance to check in, so have fun while I'm gone.

Musical Monday

I can't remember how I discovered the Cowboy Junkies... I think it was a woman from Glagow (with whom I was having an incredibly intense realtionship with at the time) who told me about them actually. She lived in London at the time, mind you, which made matters a little easier, logistically speaking. She was one that got away, though, for sure.

Anyway, Cowboy Junkies are a Canadian country music and alternative rock band, formed by three siblings from the Timmins entertainment family in Toronto in 1985. The lead singer, Margo Timmins, has the most gorgeous voice, and this track, taken from the album "The Caution Horses", is a perfect example of her haunting vocals. I love the lyrics too... I've always been a sucker for a bit of angst. It's so... character-building!

So, here you go then... You Will Be Loved Again.



Want to play? Just stick this in your sidebar, but change ALL the brackets to the pointy ones first:
(a href="http://wdkylondon.blogspot.com/2006/03/musical-monday.html" target="_blank")(img src="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/LightestTouch/musicalmonday.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket" border="0" /)(/a)

No comments: