Monday, March 05, 2007

Musical Monday

Yesterday was one of those lovely Sundays that are always nice as a precursor to another working week. Going into this year I'd been thinking about the possibility of moving house but with a couple of large prospects now looking like they're going to come to nothing it's seeming more likely that we're going to be here for another year or so.

I'd really like to make more use of the garden (over and above sunbathing and football, that is) and a while ago I splashed out on a book on garden design which has since sat unopened on my shelves!. But I'm determined to do something funky out there - particularly with Bea coming over now - so I invited a friend who's into garden design over for lunch along with Zooz (remember her?) and rustled up a rather nice tofu and king prawn stir-fry. With chinese noodles and a fresh green salad, I might add. It all went down rather well, and even now plans are being hatched that involve a lot of digging and a rather hefty expenditure at the local plant centre. Wish me luck!

Well, for Musical Monday this week I thought it might be a nice idea to go upmarket. I don't often listen to classical music but when I do I always enjoy it. On Saturday, in preparation for the lunch I referred to on Sunday, I was cleaning the house and I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted to listen to as I was wandering around with the polish and vaccuum cleaner. But fortunately I had something of a brainwave, so here's a couple of tracks from a very chilled out hour or two. I hope you enjoy them.

Barber - Adagio For Strings


Albinoni - Adagio In G Minor


Want to play? Just stick this in your sidebar or on your post, but change ALL the brackets to the pointy ones first:


(a href="http://wdkylondon.blogspot.com/2006/03/musical-monday.html" target="_blank")(img src="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/LightestTouch/musicalmonday.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket" border="0" /)(/a)

No comments: