Monday, July 09, 2007

Musical Monday (a cross one)

Do things happen to you sometimes that force you to reconsider the way in which you regard yourself? I find myself in a very strange situation these days, and try as I might I’m feeling a growing desire to react in some way. Even though I know there really isn't any point.

What am I going on about? Well, the truth is that I’m a 47-year old man, who no doubt looks his age… in fact, most of the time I feel my age too (don't let those HNT photos fool you - I'm fairly handy with a camera!). And yet, here I am in love with a woman of 29 – a woman who probably looks at least 5 years younger than she is. In my own social circles, I’m accepted - indeed, by some, even admired - for who and what I am, and yet now I find myself the recipient of quizzical looks, as if there’s no earthly reason that anyone can fathom as to why I should be so “lucky”. As if I’m some kind of freak of fucking nature.

Well, as much as I generally don’t give a toss what other people think, there’s a distinct possibility that I’m going to get very cross with somebody soon. Yes, I know I should just laugh, but even so I’m only human. Bea thinks that I’m mad even thinking about it, mind you… then again, she's not the one getting the looks. At least, not those kinds of looks.

Musical Monday

Anyway, to Musical Monday. It seems ages since I played anything from The Greatest Band Of All Time (although I must admit that I couldn’t be arsed to check… if probably wasn’t). So here for your delectation is On The Turning Away, from the album A Momentary Lapse of Reason (god-al-bloody-mighty... was it really as long ago as 1987???). And yes – it’s the Floyd, of course.





If you want join in with Musical Monday, just stick this in your sidebar or on your post, but change ALL the brackets to the pointy ones first:

(a href="http://wdkylondon.blogspot.com/2006/03/musical-monday.html" target="_blank")(img src="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/LightestTouch/musicalmonday.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket" border="0" /)(/a)

No comments: