Monday, March 27, 2006

Musical Monday

I think it's fair to say that it's been a bit of a weekend. A arrived at Heathrow at 8 o'clock on Saturday morning (of course, I was at the wrong terminal as I didn't know he flew in via Dublin), and has now gone off to stay with friends. After some time spent in which my children got acquainted, he and I had a great meal together in a local Chinese restaurant last night. Then, yesterday, a morning talking and looking at old photos, before going to lunch at the oldest pub in the UK (in St Albans, a city in Hertfordshire with Roman origins, and known then as Verulamium). But more on that tomorrow. There are lots of... complexities arising out of a fairly fraught and difficult past, but we seem to be okay. It was quite an experience, looking at him sitting opposite me, and realising that he's an adult now. Almost.

Then, and in fact I've just got home, a rather amazing night with CFG, that's left both of us seriously wondering if we knew each other in another life. But, again, that can wait for now, because this is, of course...


It might be obvious by now that I'm a big fan of Tricky, Massive Attack and Faithless, and all are related in the sense that they are a part of the musical revolution coming out of Bristol in the south west of England. Not unlike the scene in Manchester many years ago (and, in fact, more recently too), just a different genre. So, this week, it's Tricky, and a track called Pumpkin. Enjoy!



(Come on... help me get Musical Monday up and running. Post some music, and feel free to use the image/link. They are very good legs.)

No comments: