Sunday, March 12, 2006

My kind of woman

I’ve been thinking about this, because the subject came up when I was out with C & N the other night. And, of course, most of us can see patterns in the way that we behave… not that this is always a good thing, but then seeing the patterns is the first step in breaking them.

I’m not going to drone on about all the usual stuff… you know, those personality traits that we require in any potential partner (ever filled out those tick boxes on dating sites? Yes, I bet you have) but more the underlying stuff that turns me on, or keeps me interested.
  1. Ok, this is an easy one. Remember that post about kissing? Well, a woman has to be able to kiss., and kiss really well. I’m lucky in that I’m something of a kisser myself… in fact, I once made a woman come by kissing her (although it has to be said that she was already in a state some excitement at the time). And remember the problems with GG, who didn’t understand the difference between kissing and assaulting with the tongue?

  2. Next is one slightly more worrying. I’ve concluded that I’m particularly attracted to women who display signs of mild psychosis. I don’t mean the kind that results in a knife being lodged between your shoulder blades, but the kind that say’s that she likes to live on the edge a bit. Living on the edge is something I also do rather well, and I seem to get off on the rush. Hmmm… not sure if this is good or not. Probably not, though. (On second thoughts, I'm prepared to reconsider the use of the word "psychosis", but I think you know what I was trying to say. Maybe I mean "who display signs of bizarre or eccentric behaviour": Ed)

  3. Last, but far from least, is sexuality. By which I mean an awareness of it, a comfort with it, and a willingness to be driven by it. Driven by it within the context of a relationship, I mean, rather than a propensity to fuck anything that moves. I know a lot of people who go through life never discovering their own sexuality, let alone anyone else’s. These people are definitely not for me, thanks.

  4. Well, this all seems pretty straightforward. And I’ve been assessing Cute Lawyer in the context of the above, as we had a date last night – our 2nd this time around, and our… 5th in total. We haven’t slept together yet, I should add, although I’m cooking dinner at mine next weekend, and that’s always a bad sign. Or a good sign. Anyway…

    In terms of kissing, she passes the attraction test. She’s very good, actually, and is quite capable of getting completely lost in a kiss. So far, so good.

    On the Psycho Scale, she falls rather short. Now, some people would think this was excellent, but knowing myself as I do it’s a little bit worrying. She’s incredibly… straight. Never does anything completely crazy on the spur of the moment. Risk averse. (Maybe that’s why she’s a lawyer?)

    Finally, I think the jury’s still out on the whole issue of sexuality. I know that I can be a little… direct at times, and I’m also aware that it can all become a kind of dance. So I won’t form any premature opinions on this one (I don’t do premature) but I’ll bide my time for now. I’m not convinced, though…

    So – there you have it. Anyone who thinks they qualify, feel free to make yourself known.

No comments: