Friday, March 17, 2006

Cute Lawyer and other stuff

Well… I guess it was always going to happen. I spoke to Cute Lawyer a couple of days ago, and I could just detect something in her voice that indicated all was not well. When I asked her what was wrong, she eventually told me that she felt I was “holding back” a little. Making myself less available emotionally than she knew I could be.

It’s funny, but I’d been thinking about Saturday, when I had planned to make her dinner, and knew that we’d probably end up in bed. It’s been bothering me quite a bit, in fact, because I’ve had a feeling for quite a while that it wasn’t necessarily going to be sustainable. So – to cut a long story short – I suggested that we stop seeing each other, and at least it’s happened before there’s anything to feel particularly uncomfortable about. Although I am feeling a bit “tingly”… does that count as uncomfortable? Particularly after a bit of delicious flirting earlier today, although that’s another story. (One that I won't be sharing, I'm afraid.)

Anyway, it’s been manic activity over here, as I have a business meeting in Dublin soon and I forgot that my passport was stolen during the burglary. Lots of running around, and a rather stubbly new photo that wouldn’t quite come up to HNT standards. I look like a hit man who’s lost his razor.

Have a lovely weekend, one and all, and thanks for all the comments from yesterday (aside from the bloke who was going on about rimming… sorry, that one had to go!). Oh yes, and now I've disvovered how to upload my favourite music to my blog posts, Musical Monday starts in... three days!

No comments: