Saturday, August 12, 2006

Exotica

Well, I’ve been back for a week today. And you know what – it’s already a distant memory. Slow days by the pool, long nights in the bar, bronzed and oiled bodies in skimpy bikinis... we work for it all year and yet it’s over in the blink of an eye.

This life we lead needs more balance, it seems to me. In the UK, we work the longest hours in Europe and – not by coincidence – suffer from one of the highest rates of heart disease and incidences of strokes. Children go whole weeks without seeing their parents, and people seem to have forgotten how to just kick back and RELAX. Well, I haven’t, and I won’t... and if I have to put up with clients who pay late, accountants who can’t do their job properly and banks that reject applications for mortgage payments (yes, that’s what I came home to) then so be it. Because there’ll be no more nine to five for me, and no more spending my life in a suit... I much prefer it round the pool. It’s so much more civilised!

And there might just be some life-changing stuff going on in this neck of the woods – the next two or three weeks will determine a lot of things, one way or another. I’d love to explain but it might be a little premature right now - but I’m sure you won’t be surprised if I say that there’s some... excitement in store. The kind of excitement I like, as it happens. Only this time it’s a little more exotic than usual, and perhaps a little more challenging. And, to be honest, no-one’s more surprised than I am.

Hope you’re all having a lovely weekend... I’ll be stopping by later to see what you’re up to.

No comments: