Tuesday, August 22, 2006

What's normal anyway?

It doesn’t take much to change my mood, really... a holiday in Aguadulce in Andalucia, Spain – just a week in September but empty beaches and a backdrop of the Sierra Nevada– that a month ago I could never have predicted booking; the first home match of the football season tonight; a very unexpected phone call from someone very special yesterday; confirmation that my new flooring is only a couple of weeks from being laid; and the knowledge that the children will be here tomorrow, and the WDKY household will return to it’s normal state of near-chaos.

I seem to have so much going on at the moment, and most of it feels really positive. But it’s also been an expensive month, with another to follow (not helped by the fact that my printer died on me last week and I’ve just had to shell out about £500 for a new one). Work is quiet, although I know its to be expected during holiday season... but I really have to get back into business development mode now, or come the end of the year I’m going to be struggling. Mind you, I have just booked my second day of training, even though it’s material that I haven’t seen before as I’m covering for someone else (thanks, M!).

So, what did I learn from a few days of soul searching? Nothing that I didn’t know before, really... perhaps that if we expect anything in life to be permanent, the likelihood is that we’re going to be disappointed. Or that every day presents new opportunity, and if we spend our time worrying about the past we’re not going to give ourselves much of a chance to see what’s here, now - in the present. And sometimes, those opportunities can blow your mind; trust me, I know what I’m talking about... and I’d love to tell you. Really, I would :-)

Thanks for those amazing comments yesterday, and see you for HNT!

No comments: