Tuesday, April 17, 2007

One small step for man...

What do you do with a blog when you’ve got time to post occasionally but your life’s so mental that despite the best of intentions getting around to leave comments is nigh-on impossible? Do you stay or do you go? (Okay, it’s a rhetorical question so no need to answer… but it really has been impossible). So, no Musical Monday this week – I was working until 1am – and just one last post before the weekend. This one.

And the truth is that this is quite an important post in the scheme of things. If you’re wondering why, I’ll tell you… it’s effectively my last as a single man. Single in the sense of living alone, because next time I do this Bea may very well be in the lounge… or making one of those gorgeous Spanish meals that she knows I love. I don’t think she’ll be looking over my shoulder, but you never know.

I’ve had quite some time to think about these developments in my life, most recently when I was sitting listening to some music during a work-break yesterday. And he thing is, I really Ido love my life right now; and I love living alone. It’s strange, but from the moment I split with my ex everything just seemed to fall into place. In fact, I can’t actually remember a single occasion when I’ve wished for company, or felt in any way that life was passing me by. And now – well, in a matter of days – all that is going to change.

The journey I’ve been on for the last three plus years has at times been an intense one. I’ve scrutinised and considered every element of who I am, and at times I’ve not been particularly happy with the result. But I’ve also grown as a person, and realised that I can cope with almost anything that life can throw at me. And, despite the fact that I’m comfortable with how things are right now, I know I’m ready for this next adventure. I have no idea how sustainable things will be, but I do know that Bea and I really love each other, and have an almost tangible connection that makes all the differences between us unimportant. Is this enough?

I think maybe it is.

No comments: