Thursday, April 26, 2007

Change? What change?

Well, first of all – thank you for the comments on the last post. I would have responded to all of them (I know, I’m getting lazy, aren’t I?) but I’ve been a little preoccupied. I was pleased with the letter too, and no, I haven’t had a reply as yet. Mind you, the postal service to and from Mumbai is notoriously bad, and I had to send the letter c/o Anu’s address in any event. So we’ll see, and if I do get a response I’ll let you know.

Now, I suppose I should tell you what happened when I went to Tenerife to collect my, errrmm… package. There were some tears, but they were Mami’s and weren’t entirely unexpected, and we duly arrived back here on Tuesday evening. Poor Bea looked a bit like a rabbit caught in the headlights at first, but after some food and other physical requirements were addressed (!) she was fine. As I’m typing this – it’s about 7.30 in the morning – she’s keeping the bed warm, but I need to get the kids some breakfast and take them off to school. After that, it’s a visit to my solicitor to sort out some details relating to my divorce and by then it’ll be a little late to go back to bed, I imagine! Seems like a waste, doesn’t it?

I won’t pretend that we both feel like things are completely normal, because they actually feel slightly… well, different. But I guess that’s to be expected, and the hardest thing is going to be to just take a little time in sorting out all the things that need to be done (finding work, registering with a doctor and dentist, getting a National Insurance number, etc etc etc). I feel a huge sense of responsibility to get everything organised as quickly as possible, but at the same time I’m incredibly busy and have the children to take care of. And I want things to be seamless for them so that they don’t feel as if there’s been a huge change over here. I think that’s important.

So the adventure has started. Are we completely mad? Probably. Do we care? Not at all. Personally I think you have to take some chances in life, because anything worth having carries some degree of risk. And the main thing, above all else, is that my Spanish will come on a little quicker now!!! Hasta la vista, baby.

No comments: