Saturday, March 17, 2007

Crazy times

They really are. The times, I mean... so much happening at once, and with everything on my mind at the moment it's not surprising that sleep is proving hard to come by.

So... we now have a date for The Arrival. Not too long to go but still a little while to get fully used to the idea and clear some wardrobe space. And - this year - I'll be celebrating my Birthday as part of a couple again. The kind that live together, and that love each other - it's been a while since that happened and it seems like it's worth looking forward to.

I'm trying to get my head around the whole thing at the moment, but with me here and Bea a four hour flight away it still lacks a certain reality. The enormity of what we're doing isn't lost on me, though, and I'm aware that this a life-changing decision. For both of us, of course.

Anyway, this week has been slightly manic, in part because I had to fly off to Italy for a couple of days on some client business. In theory at least, I was in Milan and Rome but with meetings planned throughout I ended up seeing nothing of one and very little of the other. I'll have to go back, but the highlight of the trip was undoubtedly the olive tree-filled estate just outside Rome where we spent Thursday night and part of Friday. To say that it was beautiful would fail to do it justice, as you'll see from the photos below. The Italians - at least the men - are mad though, so intent on macho posturing that reality just seems to escape them (sorry Nukie... I'm sure that you're the exception!). I think it's going to be an interesting project!

Ciao...







No comments: