Friday, March 09, 2007

Thank god for small arses

You know, I’d never have believed that learning a language was so difficult. I was so naive... I genuinely thought that I’d pop along to my lesson for an hour each week and – like magic – I’d be speaking fluently after two or three months. Reality appears to be a little different, unfortunately.

I was talking to Cristina this morning about it, and she just threw back her mane of long black hair and laughed. “Is that it, then?” she asked, as if she’d been anticipating a real problem... “Well, forget about it and open your book.”

You’ve got to love the Latino temperament. And speaking of which, Bea’s now handed in her notice at the hotel in Tenerife. ETA is mid-April and I’m seriously starting to worry. Not about Bea, but about her shoes and boots. Where the fuck I’m going to put them is anyone’s guess, because she has A LOT. Then again, her thongs are rather small, so that may make up for it.

I have an interesting weekend planned, but I think I’ll save that for next time. This evening I’ll be doing the rounds, but in the meantime I’ll just say have a great one yourselves. Over here, at least, the sun has started to shine and Spring is in the air. Last night, I even got out my garden design book in honour of the changing season.

Hasta luego.

No comments: