Saturday, September 03, 2005

Pissing down.

Talking to myself again. Anyway, lots to think about at the moment, including the job interview last Friday afternoon (Service Development Director... hmmm!).

It was sunny when I left the house, and absolutely pissing down by the time I got off the train at the other end... consequently, I looked like a drowned rat by the time I pressed the buzzer on the front door. Still, nice area - Farringdon - and a relatively easy journey, especially when Thameslink meets in the middle again in May. Damn those Kings Cross works!

About an hour and a half later, I left feeling pretty positive, and confident that I've got past the first hurdle. I think I'm lucky that my background is unusual enough to ensure that "they" don't see anyone else who offers the same mix of skills and experience, and there was enough chemistry going on to suggest we both liked what we saw/heard. So, two weeks to wait, and then we'll see.

Just heard that I won't be seeing the kids tonight, as they're bowling and are going to be late back. Actually, I'm shattered and a bit hung over, so it probably isn't a bad thing - I can slob in front of the TV and get a bit of an early night. I hate it when I go to bed and they're not in their rooms, though. Makes me sad.

No comments: