Friday, September 09, 2005

Time warp.

God, has it been that long? And so much has happened... I wouldn't really know where to begin.

I suppose the usual stuff has been going on at work, and I've decided that I'm going to have to do something about it. I had a meeting with my MD and that terrifying phrase just seemed to escape my lips... "voluntary redundancy". So... it's done, and the process has started (eek).

If it comes off, I'm going to re-start my old consultancy and see if I can make my millions that way. I'm nervous, but excited and confident. I won't say too much about it for now, but no doubt I'll shed a bit of light on what I do some time soon.

More importantly, and just when I was becoming so jaded from the whole online dating thing... a completely unexpected turn of events. I'm not really sure if I found Galicia Girl or if she found me, but we kind of looked at each other, liked what we saw, and started talking. Well, messaging... but before long we were talking on the phone, her with her lovely, slightly confusing Spanish accent, and me... well, being me.

Funny thing is, when she first wrote to me she said she felt this strange connection, but despite that we couldn't meet. She said wants a child, and I don't really want any more, and it would be trouble if we did... "dangerous" actually. So we agreed to stop writing, but I knew something more was going to happen. It was just a feeling, but it was strong, and in a way it seemed that there was an inevitability about it. Every time I saw she'd logged on to the site, my stomache turned. I started thinking about her when I was drifting off to sleep, and at odd times during the day. It was becoming disconcerting.

Just when I was about to email her, she wrote again, and to cut a long story short we had dinner last Saturday in a tiny Turkish restaurant off the Edgware Road. Well, we found this beautiful little pub first - GG was nervous and I wanted her to relax. There were lots on intense gazes and we held hands a lot, and we talked really easily as if we were deliberately ignoring the physical attraction we were feeling. After we finished dinner, I walked her home and we kissed, then she asked me if I wanted to stay... neither of us intended it, but we both wanted it to happen. So I did.

I don't know yet, but I feel funny.... this isn't just going to be a few dates. I guess time will tell...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
WDKY said...

Crikey - a comment. I'm... well, I'm shocked. Thanks though.

Hang on, now I have two. Can blogs be spammed? Help!

NewYorkMoments said...

So was the sex as hot as you thought it was going to be?

WDKY said...

Hi, NYM... mmmm, the sex was hot, but not the hottest - still, in the circumstances that wasn't really a surprise. We went inside and GG put some music on. We started to kiss and she surprised me by undoing my jeans, helping me out of them and then taking me in her mouth. The rest, as they say, is history.

I know NYC really well - been there probably a couple of dozen times, and very nearly moved there permanently. I used to stay in a house on Washington Square Mews. GREAT location!!