Sunday, April 23, 2006

How did that happen?

My God - it's Sunday? SUNDAY?! I'm bloody sure last time I looked it was Thursday. Well, anyway...

I've been busy. Yes, working - paid work, which means I have some income! After three months watching my bank balance dwindling to almost nothing, I'm actually working on two projects now. In fact, I was working most of the day yesterday, and will be working this afternoon and this evening too. This month and next month, in fact, will hit my targeted earnings, and if I hadn't been such a prat when I put my cash-flow forecast together (I actually believed I'd be up and running from day one) I'd actually be just about on track. Still, I guess I shouldn't complain...

The house is now back to normal, and I've been enjoying some quiet time whilst S and O are with their Mum. I hadn't realised how much I needed it, to be honest, and I'd almost forgotten how comfortable I am being on my own. No complications, and no-one to answer to. And it looks like a nice quiet week, although I should probably say that I do have plans for Tuesday, when I'll be meeting a fellow blogger for a drink and a bite to eat, somewhere in or around Notting Hill. (Oh yes, and I have a potential date on Thursday - she seems bloody lovely so the likelihood of me saying no is almost non-existant).

My almost unmanageable blogroll is winking at me, so through the day/evening I'll have a look and see what everyone's been up to. And if you have a minute have a read of extra*time - her blog is all gleaming and new, and I have to say that it's got off to a rather good start. Go on, leave her a comment...

Right. Better get going again... it's Musical Monday tomorrow, of course, and I've already drafted my post. This week it's something particularly significant to me, and takes me back about 25 years to my innocent youth. Those were the days - I'm a lot of things now, but innocent definitely isn't one of them!

Update:

I nicked this from somewhere else. It's a fine example of British humour, and probably illustrates why everyone else thinks we're mad.

No comments: