Sunday, June 18, 2006

Apologies

You know, the last week or so has been something of a struggle, blog-wise. I haven’t posted since HNT, and I haven’t got around my Blogroll for a similar period of time. Work, the sun, the World Cup and the children have all kept me busy. And I have SO much to tell you :-)

Today, Father’s Day, started with a blistering run early this morning, and then it was back to bed for an hour or so of carnal delight. But I have to tell you that, although I performed magnificently both last night and this morning, all is not well. PTFE arrived yesterday evening, and she was... well, tense. Her palms were sweaty, and she was tapping her foot as if there was no tomorrow. But – whilst she admitted that there was something on her mind – she wouldn’t tell me what it was that she was worrying about, or dwelling on, or mulling over. Then, this morning, she actually asked “Do you want me to be gone when you get back?” just as I headed off for my run. When I asked her why she chose to ask me that, in the way that she asked it, she told me that she was just “aware that it’s Father’s Day”. But that answer didn’t cut it, and I know it isn’t what she meant at all.

Over the last week or two, I’ve been very much aware that all kinds of complexities are creeping into our relationship. It should, and could, all be so simple, and I’ve said many times before that I want simplicity in my life. In fact, I insist on simplicity in my life. Having mulled things over, I’ve decided that it’s best if I stop seeing PTFE, and probably just keep myself to myself for a while. I don’t think, to be honest, a relationship is what I’m after right now. Or, if it is, I haven’t met the woman with whom I want one. I’ll deal with it over the next day or so, I guess, although I can’t say that I’m looking forward to it.

On a brighter note, I picked up a piece of work last week that will bring in enough revenue to cover the cost of taking the sproglets to Tenerife again this summer to see their friends. I spoke to the Scottish Sisters and we’re making a plan to meet up over there, probably during the late July/early August. It’s a bit risky as I don’t know how much work I’ll have later in the year, but I like risk. You may have noticed.

I’ll be visiting my Blogroll over the course of today... sorry I’ve neglected you.

No comments: