Saturday, June 10, 2006

Surely not...

It’s true. Summer has arrived in style here in the UK, and the last few days have been absolutely glorious. (With much more to come if the forecast is to be believed). And when the sun shines, life feels different, somehow... anything seems possible, doesn’t it?

And – despite the lousy way that it started – it’s been a great week, capped yesterday by the start of one of the world’s truly great events. Yes, the World Cup. Hours and hours of football over the next few weeks, culminating in England lifting the trophy for only the second time in it's history. Well, a man can dream...

On Thursday night, I relented to Red’s request that we meet for dinner. As a man who isn’t easily shocked, she actually managed to do it twice in rapid succession. Firstly, be telling me she’d been in love with me (yikes); and secondly, by saying that she just gave up on waiting for me to suggest that we... errr... ahem... get married (YIKES). Even though I was almost frozen with fear, I could still appreciate the quality of north London’s finest, cutest and most biteable arse, and what was meant to be a quick kiss goodnight could well have turned into something a whole lot more serious. She has asked that I simply "be there for her". Now, if she was a man I’d know what she meant, of course...

Earlier on Thursday, I had a meeting with one of my smaller clients and, as if in reward for all the time invested in relationship-building over the last few months, walked away with a larger piece of work that will help me to achieve my first goal... survival into year two. It now looks distinctly feasible and I’m beginning to sleep a little more easily. (And M, if you’re reading this, nice to see you too. And I’ll work on the slides, honestly I will. But AFTER the weekend!).

So, a good week. And this evening PTFE will be heading over for a BBQ and the usual carnal delights. And no, I haven’t quite decided what to do, or say, about where we’re heading, but to be honest I think I’ll just let things ride for a little while. Oh, and I should say a big hello from Zooz, who popped over for dinner during the week and was so impressed with the WDKY culinary offering that she even blogged about it!

Have a really great weekend, all of you. And, of course, I’ll be popping over later to say hello properly. And - as an aside - is this BBQ not a thing of beauty?

No comments: