Saturday, June 24, 2006

Happy Birthday

You know, sometimes I look at my children and the love that I feel for them is so strong that I can barely breathe. If I never do another useful thing with my life, raising them will be more than enough for me. I'll die a happy man for sure.

On Monday S will be celebrating his 9th birthday, and tomorrow he's having a party. It's a football party (I've done a fine job ensuring his allegiance to The Correct Team, and he's completely obsessed) and I think I'm looking forward to it as much as he is.

Even O is excited and insisted on me buying her a new England kit today. And after the party we're going to break out the coke and watch England thump Ecuador as they proceed to the quarter final stage of the World Cup. That's the plan, anyway.

In other news, I've just ordered two new pairs of Reef (one pair of sandals/one pair of flip flops) for our holiday. For the uninitiated, Reef is to flip flops what Levi is to jeans, and they should get here on Monday or Tuesday. And aside from the odd bikini (for O) and shorts (for me and S) we're just about set to go. And it's under a month now, which is the really great thing about booking late - we still can't quite believe we're going but I have a feeling we'll be packing in what will seem like the blink of an eye.

And this morning, after driving around in a tiny little courtesy car for two weeks, I got my Alfa back from the garage , and it's had a complete respray... it actually looks like a new car, although it's only done 30,000 miles anyway. (Excuse the photo - it's a boy thing.) So all in all, a great weekend so far with the birthday party still to come, and I hope yours is just as good. Although I hope you won't be working, because I certainly will.

No comments: