- Of, relating to, or characteristic of romance.
- Given to thoughts or feelings of romance. See synonyms at sentimental.
- Displaying, expressive of, or conducive to love: a romantic atmosphere.
- Imaginative but impractical; visionary: romantic notions.
- Not based on fact; imaginary or fictitious: His memoirs were criticized as a romantic view of the past.
- A romantic person.
- often Romantic A follower or adherent of romanticism.
I was just watching an episode of Nip Tuck… I tend to dip in and out of the series, but every time I catch an episode I’m amazed at it’s ability to capture… what? Maybe just the human condition. Tonight, though, was an episode for the romantics.
Someone asked me a while ago what I meant when I said I was a romantic. I answered that any response I could give would be too simplistic, but afterwards I thought I may have meant the opposite… that any answer I could give would be too complex. There’s a conundrum for you.
I find the whole subject of love quite fascinating. On the one hand, I like what a lot of the evolutionists have to say. But, if I were one, I’d believe that love was just an endocrinal process to ensure procreation, and the continuation of the species. But, as an almost-atheist, I’m no creationist either. I’ve decided that it’s best if I don’t try to label myself – I don’t let others do it so I won’t do it either
If I hadn’t just been watching television, I would have told you that a friend of mine sent me a joke today, and it really tickled my sense of humour. It was definitely my kind of joke.
A man walked into a dentist's office and said, "Can you help me? I think I'm a moth."
The dentist said, "You don't need a dentist. You need a psychiatrist."
"Yes, I know," the man said.
The dentist asked, "So then why did you come in here?"
The man replied, "The light was on.”