Sunday, October 09, 2005

An iPod moment.

Sorry, but I can't post an update on the weekend with GG just yet. Well, I could, and GG could contribute as she's here at the moment. But I think I'll just go with this instead and save that for tomorrow. (No, by the way, I haven't been sitting writing while GG's in bed. I wrote this yesterday afternoon when I was bored!)

So, an iPod moment from my tube journey into the City a couple of days ago. The carriage was full but we were sitting opposite each other - she was very cute, with long dark hair (tied back in a pony tail) and big brown eyes, and she was plugged in to her music, smiling. I was feeling horny and plugged in to mine. We were both holding our earphones into our ears as we tried to drown out the noise from our neighbours (and mine also smelt of garlic - I could have thrown up!) and as I caught her eye I smiled at her. She smiled back, eyes sparkling.

I was aware that she was walking behind me as I climbed the stairs at Bank station to the daylight above, and at the top I stopped and lit a cigarrette as I got my bearings. She walked up to me and fumbled for something in her bag. "Hi", I said. "Shame it's not possible to send your music to someone else's earphones, isn't it? I wanted to play you a track."

She made a joke in response, and looked at me, beaming. And we chatted for a couple of minutes, just flirting really but enjoying ourselves in the process. She was lovely, but I had ten minutes before I had to go to a meeting and didn't rise to the bait. We smiled and said goodbye, and went off in opposite directions. But before she turned and walked away she gave me a long stare, as if she was waiting for something more. I wonder if, come the end of the weekend, I'll regret not acting on my instincts and, at least, getting a telephone number? Call it contingency planning!

It's a funny thing, the tube. I hate using it, and generally choose to drive whenever possible when I go into town. But as soon as I get on a train, my sexuality rears its head. Not literally, or at least not always... but I find the whole experience gets my mind working overtime. I've had lots of sponaneous encounters, but never one from a journey on the tube.

I think it's going to happen... it's just a matter of when. I might just start leaving the car at home.

16 comments:

kimmyk said...

you go get 'em tiger!

i'd do it on a train....you ever see risky business? that's what i'm talkin bout.

WDKY said...

I'd love a good f*ck on a train. I've beeen given and hand job on an aeroplane, though. Not a bj, unfortunately, it was too busy.

Caterpillar said...

I tend to get all hot and bothered too on public transportation (except when reading) when I have the iPod on - lots of time to daydream of wonderful things :)

Train, bus or plane, I'm up for it as well!

WDKY said...

Was that an offer, Cat?

WDKY said...

Don't you just LOVE the Internet? Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful train journey one Christmas eve. I was playing in a pantomime in a theatre in Ipswich (I was the witch since you're asking) and my boyfriend (he was the stage manager) and I were travelling back to London on the last train.

In those days the carriages were all separated and we had one of those to ourselves. Just us and a large bottle of champagne. As soon as we got in the carriage we pulled down the blinds and both the zips on our jeans.

There's something about the jiggedy jig, jiggedy jig of the train which just goes very well with sex.

Had a fantastic time until the guard came to check our tickets!

(god that really does come from another era - 1970's as it happens)

Anonymous said...

Man, you are on HEAT!

NML/Natalie said...

My experience of meeting a guy on the tube turned out to be shite, but I do enjoy making eyes at guys. Go WDKY! I must keep an eye out for a guy looking out for an encounter ;-)

WDKY said...

Zooz, you don't surprise me!

Claire - errmm, yes. I thought it was normal, though.

NML - let me think... Bakerloo Line?

Anonymous said...

All normality is relative, but you do seem more on heat than any other blogger I read. Or maybe you're the only one admitting to it?!!!

WDKY said...

I think we must read different blogs, Claire (lol)! But I don't deny that my sexuality is an important part of my psyche!

This blog is a very honest account of what goes on in my life, and my head. And I hope it conveys something of my morality too, in as much as I endeavour to live in a way that doesn't cause harm to anyone around me. Or to me, for that matter!

Anonymous said...

I wasn't looking down on you for "being on heat", its an admiral quality, if you ask me, and more so because you are open about it!

WDKY said...

Appreciated Claire - thanks.

Anonymous said...

ffs, I'm waiting for the GG update.

Better be good

WDKY said...

Paitence is a virtue, Zooz.

Sky said...

WDKY, that was me today!!! You should have definitely taken my number :).